Subject: Re: libpthread busted?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2003 20:04:27
On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 10:42:23AM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:

> Uh, I mentioned pth to Peter in private email. So I think I started that hare
> running. It may not be relevant here.
>
> When the dust settles, I think a bunch of (l)users like me would benefit from
> a summary on what might or might not work, how to debug, what remake recipes
> to use etc.

Oh, that's _easy_:

Delete all packages that depend on any thread library at all; rebuild
with the native pthreads.  Done.

Except that some packages insist on dynamically loading libpthread,
which is a total crock.  I'm really not sure what one could do about
that except to ensure that the program doing the dynamic loading is
linked to libpthread beforehand, and stubbing out the pthread
dlopen.

Thor