Subject: Re: tiny ramdisk too big in i386 release
To: David Laight <>
From: James Chacon <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/28/2003 03:32:28
>6) The crunched binaries are not built by a normal, so
>   many developers tracking current won't build them.

They are part of the builds of distrib which only gets done on release
builds. Anyone using to build releases would get this, so how are
you thinking they're not built by (I consider build, distribution
and release to all be valid "normal" builds via

>7) The ramdisk image size has to match the size of the gap in the
>   kernel.  These are set in two different places, but have to match.

Yes, tracking them in 2 places sucks. In general the size is made in the
kernel of "should be big enough" and then the image is shoved into there
which usually means slop.