Subject: Re: Updating CVS to current
To: Jean-Luc Wasmer <jl.netbsd@wasmer.ca>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/27/2003 11:36:46
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Jean-Luc Wasmer wrote:

> I'm trying to update cvs and only cvs.
> I have a 1.6 system from the 1.6 release.
>
> I updated /usr/src.
> I created the toolchain.

The toolchain is cross-building 1.6O, which you don't want, as you
could not run the binaries on a 1.6 kernel. Don't use that.

> I'm not familiar with the procedure to track current and the documentation on
> the web site (www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current) only explains how to update
> all the userland... which I don't want.

``export USETOOLS=no; make'', or ``make dependall USETOOLS=no'' will
attempt to build against the installed system. Building a single
program from current on 1.6 may or may not work. It's not supported.
If it doesn't work, the pkgsrc package is up-to-date -- use that.

Frederick