Subject: console resolution
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: gravy <gravy@yahoo.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/2003 13:31:08
Hello,

I have brand new toshiba laptop that I installed
NetBSD on.  Is there a way to change the resolution?
I'm not sure if that's the correct term, but I'm not
talking about Xfree86, but rather the console
resolution.  I believe right now it's 80x25 or
something.  What's the highest I can set this to, in
the kernel config?  This laptop has a big screen (15
inch) which supports up to 1400x1050 resolution in X.
Is there a framebuffer option?  I'm going to use
-current on this laptop.

Also, I'm curious about NetBSD's next release.  Will
it be 1.7 or 2.0?

Thanks for any suggestions/help