Subject: Re: headless i386 not booting
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Staffan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Thom=E9n?= <duck@multi.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/2003 08:02:43
--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

[ Original text by Julio Merino indented ]
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:33:18 -0800
> Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com> wrote:
>=20
> > Leave the video card in. For a pc, I'm almost certain that you must have
> > a video card to boot. You don't have to attach a monitor to it. Then use
>=20
> Wrong. My server does not have a video card in. You have to:
[...]
> 2) Disable all console devices from kernel (wsdisplay, pccons, etc). If y=
ou
>    leave some of them in, it will crash... this sounds like a bug.

 Right, I thought of this, but it didn't work, perhaps I missed
 some console device.  Will look more into it tonight.

 Thanks,

--=20
Staffan Thom=E9n
     GPG key: 1024D/7C7E2EF8
 Fingerprint: ADB3 455F 10D5 86D1 78D6  048D 11BB D66E 7C7E 2EF8

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt--