Subject: Re: Lockup with -current via SSH
To: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/2003 12:48:08
On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 08:35:24PM -0500, Ken Seefried wrote:
> Adam K Kirchhoff writes:
> >
> >	In my experience, -cuurent does not play well with SMP and
> >threads.  Any threaded application will lock up my machine solid.
> >

> With all due respect, that's not an answer.

in any case, sshd is not a threaded app :)

I have seen some strang things with ssh and SMP; at one point I
had a reliable panic from running scp on the SMP machines - there
was some suspicion it was a generic LOCKDEBUG problem, but we were
never able to track it down.

Try with and without options LOCKDEBUG in your kernels, to see if
there's any change in behaviour or extra information.

--
Dan.