Subject: Re: any interest in fully supporting MKYP=no for releases?
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Vlad D. Markov <markov@monmouth.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/2003 21:29:55
On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 13:14:27 -0500 (EST)
"Greg A. Woods" <woods@weird.com> wrote:

> I'm about to embark down the path of building yet another custom release
> with MKYP=no, MKKERBEROS=NO, MKHESIOD=no, and of course NO_SENDMAIL,
> this time from the netbsd-1-6 branch.
>
> Since the last time I did this I've been wondering if maybe there's
> enough interest in fully supporting these options and maybe some other
> similar ones in the base NetBSD sources to make it worth my while to fix
> submit patches to the release sets generation procedures (and the same
> for generating the obsolete lists) to at least semi-automatically take
> them into account.
>
> Are there any takers, or should I just apply the "checkflist" diffs to
> my sets files and forget about it?
>
> --
I am new to netBSD. I like it very much except I prefer kerberos, mail (looks like both postfix and sendmail are included), ssh, and possibly more to be added by the System Admin rather than being part of the base distribution. That way I would fell more comfortable incorporating MIT Kerberos, qmail, or the commercial ssh than I do now.

These build options would be useful for me. I am only doing my first build from current as I write this message - where does one set them?

Vlad