Subject: Re: USB devices spontaneously powering off?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2003 22:54:41
In message <200302161614.LAA20304@anduin.eldar.org>, Brad Spencer writes:
>I also get "dead" mouse behavior with my USB mouse.  I have noticed that
>it is much worse when the Wavelan card is receiving and sending packets.

Interesting!  I was thinking about that, and I've done some experiments.  The
reason I notice this so much is that the USB widget I'm using as a remote for
ogle is much more likely to get "turned off" while ogle is playing than when
the system is under light load.

Is there a good way to "ping" USB devices or anything like that?  I'd like to
start doing more work to check on whether devices are still alive or not.

I'd actually be interested in any tips on diagnostic tools; I have a handful
of USB problems, and naive attempts to add debugging code have not gotten me
anywhere.

-s