Subject: Re: Instability of 1.6.1_RC1 - has anyone seen this?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Aymeric Vincent <xmimic@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2003 13:54:50
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> writes:

> I'm wondering if I am the only one that runs into this problem:
>
> I have a diskless sparc (SS2) used as a router. It ran stable forever using
> a 1.6 kernel. Since upgrading to a newer version of the 1.6 branch it seems
> to have severe problems related to kernel memory usage (see PR 20328).

Unfortunately, I also have problems with 1.6.1_RC2 on a
SPARCClassic. This is with the GENERIC kernel I got from
releng.netbsd.org around Feb 16th.

The backtrace is:

f024d6c8 (cpu_reboot)
f0118a00 (panic)
f010725c (lockmgr)
f01ef950 (uvm_fault)
f025b1dc (mem_access_fault4m)
f0008518 (memfault_sun4m)

The message given is "panic: lockmgr: no context"

I can't play with it right now and didn't build a kernel with DDB.

My problem is present in 1.6 as well and I upgraded to 1.6.1 for just
this reason.

Note that I am not logged in when this happens. The box is only NATing
IPv4 (pppoe0 over le1) <-> le0.

It dies after around one day of (only NAT) activity.

 Aymeric