Subject: Re: Instability of 1.6.1_RC1 - has anyone seen this?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/22/2003 02:33:08
Martin Husemann said:

>I have a diskless sparc (SS2) used as a router. It ran stable forever using
>a 1.6 kernel. Since upgrading to a newer version of the 1.6 branch it seems
>to have severe problems related to kernel memory usage (see PR 20328).

I've got an SS5 110Mhz with 160 megs of memory running:

NetBSD rodent 1.6.1_RC1 NetBSD 1.6.1_RC1 (RODENT) #1: Thu Feb 13 21:43:23 MST 2003     rmk@rodent:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/RODENT sparc

I updated the sources with anoncvs a couple of hours before that kernel
compile date.

So I've done "make build", built and installed mozilla and a bunch of other
stuff. I've been running fvwm with 16 desktops, and mozilla a bit.

Seems pretty solid, although mozilla eats memory like there's no tomorrow.

I haven't done any kernel tuning yet.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com