Subject: Re: Encrypted filesystem on NetBSD
To: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: Bryan P <u6@terran.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2003 13:02:40
On the distinguished day of Feb 20, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:

> On 1045773644 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
> Bryan P wrote:
> >

> >This looks perfect - thanks (for writing it!)  Is it relatively stable?
>
> I've been running it on my laptop for everything but / for a number of
> months now and haven't had any problems with it.  It doesn't even affect
> my performance as much as I'd imagined that it would.

That's really cool, I'll try it tonight.  I'm assuming that I should be
able to create a file to use loopback encrypted by first creating a file of
the size I want, vnconfig'ing it but not mounting it, then cgdconfig'ing
the vnd node, then making a filesystem on it and mounting it.

thanks,
-bp
--
# Software Engineer