Subject: Re: HEADS-UP: Experimental SMBFS support
To: Martin Husemann <martin@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2003 17:08:38
Martin Husemann wrote:
> On i386 I was able to mount a share from Win2K. A "ls" in the mounted
> dir resulted in a complete recursive ls at first try and an imediate
> crash at second try.

I've tried this on bigger directory and got some 'drop resp with mid ??'
printfs. I'll look into this.

> On sparc64 the kernel dies imediately. As it will on anything != i386.
> The code contains gems like this:
>
>    *(int*)cp = nmlen;

This was in code path which should not be used. I removed that code
anyway. I guess the mb_{put|get}_*() functions might be the actual
problem. Too bad I don't have alignment-picky arch to test.

> where, you guess it, cp is a char *.

Ouch :/

Jaromir
--