Subject: Re: 2003/02/10 snapshot installation mis-adventures.
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/2003 11:17:42
On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Pavel Cahyna wrote:

[PC: The best installation procedure I know about is that of Debian. It's
[PC: compsed of many steps (like loading of kernel modules, configuring the
[PC: network, partitionig disks, making filesystems, getting the base system,
[PC: making the disk bootable..) which you can perform in any order, if basic
[PC: dependencies are satisfied. Of course, there is a predefined order for
[PC: "standard" installations which you can (but don't have to) follow if you
[PC: don't know what to do next.

It's almost as though we need something with make-like properties to
keep the dependencies straight, although semafiles and checks for same
would probably be adequate.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: No Worries!