Subject: Re: USB devices spontaneously powering off?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/2003 16:31:19
>Am I the only person who sees USB devices just inexplicably depower, with
>no warnings, no messages, not even a "detach" message, just "the light went
>out"?  I have two different keyboard-type devices doing this.  Happens
>fairly often - often within as little as five minutes of being plugged in.

not that my mouse has any lights on it or anything, but i have
sometimes noticed that my usb mouse all of a sudden seems not to be
responding.  unplugging it (which, iirc, usually generates the
expected cascade of disconnect messages from the kernel) and
replugging it usually "wake it up".

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."