Subject: Re: pthread assertion "next != 0"
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/13/2003 08:19:52
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 02:30:23AM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
>
>  > Jason R Thorpe wrote:
>  > > Correct.  You are allowed to do VERY LITTLE inside a signal handler.  This
>  > > includes acquiring any mutexes.
>  >
>  > Err, does NOT include, right? You cannot lock/unlock mutex in signal
>  > handler.
>
> Gah, right, yes, my response is poorly worded.

However, what I was talking about was a *GTK* signal, and I believe
the whole idea of GTK is that you can, and have to, do very much
inside *GTK* signal handlers.

But anyway, to offer a further data point to my issue at hand: my
app worked fine with GNU pth. I'm also going to try on Linux today,
and see if it works there.

(Without really looking at any code expect my own, a wild guess based:
do recursive mutexes work as expected?)