Subject: RE: test_popen failed. Compiling Python 2.1.3
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Jose Lourenco <jose.lourenco@centimfe.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2003 11:22:14
Thank you for your and others prompt answer.

I was not using pkgsrc but downloaded python-2.1.3 from www.python.org. I
usually preffer to try to compile from source first without additional
source/packages to avaliate any problems that may arise. I have used the
same procedure to compile python in other systems such as OpenBSD and RedHat
without problems. I still don't know what (if any) is the problem with the
test_popen failure. When I have little spare time I'll try to deal with it.

Then I used the pkgsrc python21-pth-2.1.3 (as threads are needed to run
Zope) and had no problem with it. I manually ran the test related to popen,
threads and fork, those I have experienced some issues before but were all
successful.

I compiled directly Zope2.6.1 (without pkgsrc - I'll try your suggestion and
MLH' later) and the only problem I had was that during compiling, the pth.h
file wasn't found. I copied it from /usr/pkg/include to
/usr/pkg/include/python2p1 and all went well.

Again, thank very much for your and others support.

Best regards,
Jose Lourenco