Subject: Re: test_popen failed. Compiling Python 2.1.3
To: None <,>
From: Ty Sarna <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2003 15:23:44
In article <> you write:
> One problem I'd like to solve in a clean way before importing zope2-2.6.1:
> migration from GNU pth to native threads (on -current). All the pkgs using
> mk/ suffer from breakage if libraries using pth are still around
> but the new pkg gets compiled against libpthread.
> As long as there is a number of serious issues with Python and native threads,
> we need pth, so we can't switch immidiately.
> We have to make sure that any extension for a pth-Python still gets compiled
> against pkg-pth, even if native libpthread is present.

Yes. I think this is worse than the native-threaded python, personally.
The native-threaded one works pretty well, at least for the things I've
tried. A mixed-threaded one is just hosed. :-(

> > What about retiring www/zope and www/zope-confera?
> With the "zope2" scheme, these are not directly in the way.
> I'd leave the decision to Ty.

I don't need them anymore.  I don't know if anyone elses uses them.  I
say delete them -- they can always be resurected if someone needs them.