Subject: Re: test_popen failed. Compiling Python 2.1.3
To: None <jose.lourenco@centimfe.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2003 17:22:08
jose.lourenco@centimfe.com said:
> I compiled Python-2.1.3.tar.gz (from www.python.org) with no problems.
> When I executed "make test" I got a test_popen failure.

Are you using pkgsrc?
If yes: this failure is harmless - it is actually a bug in the
testsuite not to look at "sys.executable" byt to blindly rely
in some "python" being in the $PATH. I didn't care enough to add
a patch for it so far.
If no: You should provide more information.

> I need a working 2.1.3 version of python with threads in order to install
> Zope 2.6.1

As a starting point you could look at pkgsrc/www/zope25.
The installation procedure shouldn't be too different for 2.6.1;
just replace the versions in the Makefile...
Eventually I'll add a zope26 pkg.

best regards
Matthias