Subject: Hilarious
To: None <>
From: Jarkko Teppo <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2003 11:04:18
This was fun :-) 1.6M i386, compiled current yesterday, kernel paniced whilst
in X (no trace, sorry), destdir looked complete, compiled kernel, make one
run with ./ -u distribution, installed into /, booted and:

jarkko@sd161:/crap/sbin > file * |grep data
clri:            DBase 3 data file with memo(s)
dump_lfs:        data
fsck_lfs:        data
fsck_msdos:      data
mount_ados:      data
mount_ext2fs:    data
mount_fdesc:     data
mount_ffs:       data
mount_filecore:  data
mount_kernfs:    data
mount_lfs:       data
mount_msdos:     data
mount_nfs:       data
mount_ntfs:      data
mount_null:      data
mount_overlay:   data
mount_portal:    data
mount_procfs:    data
mount_ufs:       data
mount_umap:      data
mount_umap:      data
mount_union:     data
newfs_lfs:       data
newfs_msdos:     data
ping6:           setuid data
rdump_lfs:       data
rtsol:           data
setkey:          data
tunefs:          data
jarkko@sd161:/crap/sbin > file mount_mfs
mount_mfs: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for
NetBSD, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

/rescue/mount_ffs told me that the kernel process table was full
(in single user) and instructed me to fiddle with NPROCS. This was

Went back to boot floppies and got a working system. I'll try again
with a fresh build today.

It was fun :-) (Note: this is not a bug report and I'm not complaining.
Just goes to show how badly one can hurt one's leg when you're not