Subject: Re: Build fails with ro source tree
To: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@utu.fi>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/2003 13:07:13
On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 08:18:07PM +0200, Arto Huusko wrote:
  | Build appears to fail (very recent source, a few hours ago), if the
  | source tree is read only.
  |
  | The problem is texinfo in dependall phase. I'm not sure what it
  | actually is doing, but it fails while trying to touch the file
  | "gnu/dist/texinfo/config.in".

Which texinfo?  tools/texinfo, or gnu/usr.bin/texinfo?
What were the few lines of error messages around the problem?

(There have been issues with some of the "dist" GNU Makefile's,
cvs checkout timestamps, etc.  I've been going through the tree and
removing these when we find them, since we generally don't want rules
which re-run autoconf or bison or whatever on a source file...)