Subject: Re: KDASSERT(sa->sa_nstacks > 0); in sa_upcall_userret(struct lwp *l)
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Lars Heidieker <lars@heidieker.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/2003 21:07:29
I have seen one system panic under very high memory pressure,
top showed only 20k free.
First I saw some "sa_switch(%d.%d flag %x): Not enough stacks." messages
and shortly after that the system paniced,
so there had to be a possibility of changing the stack count
between the while loop and the the assertion.
I did the same I moved the sadata_upcall_alloc() above the while loop.
I never saw the assertion firing again, but I have seen a
printf("sa_switch(%d.%d): no cached LWP for upcall.\n" message on a
non-smp machine and thats currently giving me something to think about.
(I'll try to reproduce that one again)

Lars