Subject: Re: opera6 pkg (i386) having problems?
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2003 20:59:35
In message <20030209095258.A9495@hubba.boogers.sf.ca.us>, you write:

-> On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:39:52PM +0100, Klaus Heinz wrote:
-> > My problem on 1.5.3 was caused, strangely enough, by the fact,
-> > that ~/.opera/adprefs.ini has _no_ comment character (';') in its first
-> > line. Using this line
-> >
-> >   ; Opera Preferences version 2.0
-> >
-> > in adprefs.ini lets me start Opera 6, when it only crashed with a
-> > segfault before. All other *.ini files do not have this comment
-> > character and all is well, only adprefs.ini needs it. I verified, that
-> > on Linux Opera 6 doesn't need this small workaround.

Wow, I've been seeing issues with Opera & preferences since I went to 6.11;
adding this comment to the adprefs.ini now lets me actually set preferences
which Opera keeps across more than the current invocation.

Other than this, and the occasional crash (sees to be moreso when I load
up on windows as this is a low-memory machine), opera has been working
fairly well for me.

Thanks for the hint!
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill