Subject: Re: opera6 pkg (i386) having problems?
To: Jeff Rizzo <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/2003 10:48:35
On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 19:02:53 -0800
Jeff Rizzo <> wrote:

> I've been having problems with opera6 installed from the pkg system
> ever since I went to -current after the nathanwsa merge a couple
> weeks ago.  (of course, I started with a completely fresh system
> with -current pkgsrc, as well, so I have no idea whether the
> SA stuff is affecting it at all)
> Basically, it crashes really frequently at odd places, and 100%
> of the time when I do an "exit" from the program.
> The error message is such:
>  /usr/bin/opera: line 130:  6366 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ${OPERA} "${@}"

It also crashes for me too, but not that frequently, and I see the same
error. The other day, for example, I was unable to fill a freshmeat form
because it always crashed at the same place.

Anyway, here is my script that I use to run opera:

pkill -9 operapluginclean
rm -f $HOME/opera.core
rm -f $HOME/operaplugincleaner.core

Haha, core files gone! ;)

No idea what's happening... but it also crashed before the nathanw_sa
merge (specially whith pages lots of flash animations), not that many.

Julio M. Merino Vidal <>
The NetBSD Project -