Subject: opera6 pkg (i386) having problems?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/2003 19:02:53
I've been having problems with opera6 installed from the pkg system
ever since I went to -current after the nathanwsa merge a couple
weeks ago.  (of course, I started with a completely fresh system
with -current pkgsrc, as well, so I have no idea whether the
SA stuff is affecting it at all)

Basically, it crashes really frequently at odd places, and 100%
of the time when I do an "exit" from the program.

The error message is such:

 /usr/bin/opera: line 130:  6366 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ${OPERA} "${@}"

I've ktraced it looking for anything unusual, but didn't notice anything.
(of course, I'm not actually sure what I'm looking for)

I've just upgraded to the most recent -current as of a couple
hours ago, and the most recent pkgsrc, deleted the opera pkg, and
all the prerequisite pkgs, and re-installed, but the problem
persists.

Here's the installed linux emul stuff:
suse_base-7.3nb2    Linux compatibility package
suse_compat-7.3     Linux compatibility package with old shared libraries
suse_libjpeg-7.3    Linux compatibility package for the JPEG library
suse_libpng-7.3     Linux compatibility package for the PNG library
suse_x11-7.3nb2     Linux compatibility package for X11 binaries

...and it's opera 6.11.

Does anyone else 1) see this and/or 2) have any suggestions on how
to troubleshoot it?

Thanks.

+j
--