Subject: Re: USB devices powering off?
To: None <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/2003 14:47:42
In message <3E42C58F.8050809@augustsson.net>, Lennart Augustsson writes:
>This is not something I have ever seen.
>I also have two different 7 port hubs and they both work fine.

My 7-port hubs are fine, but not my multifunction gizmos.  I have a PR in on
this.  Symptoms are:
1.  USB devices attached when the multifunction hub is connected are probed.
No changes are ever detected, though - unplugging them or plugging them back
in doesn't work.
2.  PS/2 ports on the ones that have PS/2 ports are very, very, weird - they
send a key press every 1/4 second, like clockwork, from their buffer.

I've got three devices which do this, by different vendors - but two, at
least, are using the same chipset.

-s