Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL, NetBSD and NFS
To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/2003 11:40:12
On Wednesday 05 February 2003 10:12, Tom Lane wrote:
> "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy@druid.net> writes:
> > Well, it does appear to be working but it never finishes.  Here are two
> > backtraces.  One was taken while it was running and the other after a
> > kill -9.  The primary key file should have had 322846720 bytes based on
> > the database that I was copying in but it only had 4603904 after running
> > the restore for 12 hours.  The file seems to get to a static size and
> > just stays there.  I am running another test to confirm that.
>
> Hmm --- seems like it must be getting into an infinite loop, but where
> and why?  Here is a test plan:

Hmm.  This time it passed that point but this happened:

COPY "certificate" FROM stdin;
NOTICE:  copy: line 253677, bt_insertonpg[certificate_pkey]: parent page
unfound - fixing branch
ERROR:  copy: line 253677, bt_fixlevel[certificate_pkey]: invalid item
order(1) (need to recreate index)
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection

It then continued on.  It is currently stuck on the next largest table in our
system.  I will try this if it hangs on that other table.