Subject: Re: Cross-build question.
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/2003 18:29:05
On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:

|: >I thank you both very much for your efforts.  I must be missing something
|: >here, like my brain, because when I go to build the tools explicitly,
|: >mk.conf never picks up the MKTOOLS=no.
|:
|: This doesn't parse too well...

Well, I was trying to pass in MKTOOLS=no, and it still wasn't working
as expected.  But see below...

|: This explicitly asking to to build tools - so not sure what
|: effect MKTOOLS=no would have (one interpretation of what you were
|: saying above).  But more importantly you are setting MACHINE* to sparc
|: above - so you are telling the Makefiles that the HOST is a sparc.
|: Don't do that ;-)  The result you are getting should be expected
|: given the above.  Let the build frob MACHINE* as needed.

Got it, okay.

It turned out that I had somehow managed to set HOST_CFLAGS in my working
environment to be "-O3 -mv8 -mcpu=supersparc", something I hadn't figured
out until I ran 'sh -x build.sh args...'.

|: --sjg

I'm running and building just fine for the moment.  I'll know as
soon as I get home as to whether it works or not, but it looks promising.

We now return you to our program in progress:  Symphony for Head and
Brick Wall in B Flat Major.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: the second best thing you can get for free.