Subject: Re: build failure on today's -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: sudog <sudog@sudog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/2003 17:12:43
On Tuesday 04 February 2003 15:39, Luke Mewburn wrote:

> When you checked out current, did you use cvs, and if so, did you
> forget to use "-P"?  If so, re-run "cvs update -P".

This does appear to be the case. I had this precise problem before, and have
since updated my src tree from scratch with the following command:

cvs -d ":pserver:sudog@localhost:/cvsroot" -z 9 update -d -P
(it's an ssh tunnel or I'd just use the directory location)

The "chown" src directories appear in two locations:

:douglas:16:50:35 /usr/src# find . -type d -name "*chown*" -print
./distrib/acorn32/ramdisk/chown
./sbin/chown
./usr.sbin/chown

... whereas the ./sbin/chown is empty.

I've deleted it but now have been unsuccessful trying to find what precisely I
did to bring it in to begin with.

Interesting!

> I have a hunch that this error is caused because you have two
> "rcorder" and "chown" directories in your source tree because rcorder
> (and possibly chown) have moved in the source tree at some stage in
> the past, and one of those directories is empty.  "cvs -d" can cause
> this without "-P".

Perhaps something in my history missed out the -P, since I like to !cvs to
update stuff.

thanks for the note, it'll help considerably I think.