Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL, NetBSD and NFS
To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/2003 08:42:26
On Saturday 01 February 2003 15:48, Tom Lane wrote:
> More and more bizarre.  What is the hardware platform --- does it have TAS?

NetBSD on a Pentium (i386 port) so yes, it does have TAS.  I assume you were
thinking about the spinlock emulation.

I have been looking through backend/storage/lmgr/lwlock.c and
backend/storage/lmgr/spin.c myself and can't find any place that it can get
into an infinite loop without making a system call within the loop.  It's
very odd.  Also odd, why would running over NFS have any bearing on it if we
could find such a place?