Subject: Re: comparing raid-like filesystems
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/2003 14:18:12
[ On Friday, January 31, 2003 at 10:32:22 (-0800), Jeremy C. Reed wrote: ]
> Subject: comparing raid-like filesystems (was Re: Experimental support forATA  "RAID" volumes)
>
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
>
> > I would actually prefer to see a much lighter-weight RAID implementation
> > in NetBSD.
>
> Does one exist?

No freely available RAID implementation that is "much lighter-weight"
than RAIDframe exists, at least not so far as I can discover.

There is VINUM, but I think it's even more complex (it does full logical
volume handling, at least in FreeBSD), and in my experience it is quite
a bit less robust (slight mis-configurations panic the kernel).

--
								Greg A. Woods