Subject: Re: Mozilla Mail with SA?
To: Frank Kardel <kardel@Acrys.COM>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/2003 13:29:52
Frank Kardel <kardel@Acrys.COM> writes:

 > i noticed the same thing. One of the Mozilla threads seems to be stuck
> in sawait. Looks pretty similar to the xmms hang earlier on this list
> when going by the symptoms. The thread seems to crawl a bit when the
> mouse is moved - but that may also be wishful thinking.
> I still need to try out todays kernel nevertheless as there have been some
> fixes in that area (kern_lwp.c).

I'm actively looking into this, as problems with mozilla are the most
frequently reported issues with the SA and pthread stuff. I'll post
here when I think I've made progress. The kern_lwp.c thing the other
day is unlikely to be the fix, unfortunately...

Also, the "sawait" state is a moderately normal state for one LWP in a
multithreaded process to be in; that essentially means that the
userland thread system thinks it's idle and is "parking" the last
running LWP in the kernel.

        - Natham