Subject: Re: Mozilla Mail with SA?
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Frank Kardel <kardel@Acrys.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/2003 13:50:45
Hi *,

i noticed the same thing. One of the Mozilla threads seems to be stuck
in sawait. Looks pretty similar to the xmms hang earlier on this list
when going by the symptoms. The thread seems to crawl a bit when the
mouse is moved - but that may also be wishful thinking.
I still need to try out todays kernel nevertheless as there have been some
fixes in that area (kern_lwp.c).

Frank

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 05:06:00PM +1100, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> I just updated my laptop to -current kernel, X and userland, and
> rebuilt a swath of packages, to get rid of pth and use SA pthreads.
> Yay!
>
> One problem so far: Mozilla Mail.  Ordinary web surfing seems fine.
>
> When I open the mailer, it starts a connection to mail server. The
> little zebra progress-bar thing at the bottom starts moving, then
> stops and starts jerkily. After a short while, all mozilla's windows
> stop repainting, and it just seems to hang.

			Dr.-Ing. Frank Kardel
			   <kardel@acm.org>
		       <Frank.Kardel@Acrys.COM>