Subject: Re: integrating PAM
To: Ross Patterson <Ross.Patterson@CatchFS.Com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/2003 23:49:42
[ On Thursday, January 23, 2003 at 16:37:33 (-0500), Ross Patterson wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: integrating PAM
>
> I'm sure it does.  I've written PAM modules in another life, and I wouldn't
> wish the creation of an LDAP-authentication client on my worst enemy,
> regardless of the environment it hard to operate in.  Thank goodness PAM
> already has one! (A quick Google search makes it seem like BSD Auth doesn't -
> correct?)

A quick "think" would show that writing an LDAP module for BSD Auth is
as trivial as writing a rather simple script if you already have the
basic LDAP command-line lookup tools.  I.e. the average admin can easily
write such a module even if they have only minimal programming
experience -- try that with PAM!

--
								Greg A. Woods