Subject: Re: mozilla hang
To: Brian A. Seklecki <>
From: Harry Waddell <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/2003 17:53:24
On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:07:11 -0500 (EST)
"Brian A. Seklecki" <> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 @ 12:22pm (-0500), Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> SMB> In message <>, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
> SMB> writes: I was just switching tabs.
> ...have you tried Galeon yet? it renders HTML in an identical fashion to
> mozilla (gecko engine) and is a lot more light weight.  Perhaps as a
> temporary fix to libpthread breakage.
> -lava

I agree, galeon is swell, and somewhat faster "feeling" than mozilla.
phoenix has it's merits as well. But, I'm not sure galeon is working at
present. Even though I've recompiled everything a few times, I'm getting
this error after the nathan_sw merge:

bash-2.05b$ galeon
/usr/X11R6/lib/vfs/modules/ Undefined PLT symbol
"gnome_vfs_pthread_recursive_mutex_init" (symnum = 52)

I keep assuming that if I keep recompiling everything, the problem will go
away, but if your copy works under current, then I must be doing something
wrong. :-(

Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing

"The louder he spoke of his honor the faster we counted our spoons." - Ralph
Waldo Emerson