Subject: Re: NFS issues on NetBSD
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2003 13:51:13
On Thursday 23 January 2003 11:20, David Maxwell wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 06:56:04AM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 January 2003 06:29, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> > > I'm not aware of any such problem; it's hard to tell what your problem
> > > is. The error you see if a fairly high-level database error, you'll
> > > need to uncover what actually goes wrong on a lower level.
> >
> > OK, I will try to dig a little deeper.  Thanks.
>
> FWIW, I use NetBSD as a NetApp client every day, and haven't seen any
> suspicious behaviour.
>
> I'm not, however, using postgres in this environment.

Yah, it's starting to look like a PostgreSQL issue but it seems odd.  I have
absolutely no problem with it on local disk yet I have problems with NFS.  I
also tried it with a NetBSD machine as the NFS server and still had the
problem.  I can see that this is going to be tough to debug.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/