Subject: Re: integrating PAM
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2003 13:36:40
>What it boils down to is the PAM library will be linked into every
>relevant executable in NetBSD, forcing people to work around this if
>they don't want it.

"Work around" what?  I mean, if they don't want to use PAM module X,
then don't configure that PAM module.  If they want traditional Unix
password authentication, then they just use that PAM module.  If they
want to use BSD Auth, then they use the BSD Auth PAM module.

So far it still sounds like your reason is, "it chaps my ass" ... and
I guess I'm having a hard time working up any sympathy for that concern.

--Ken