Subject: Re: integrating PAM
To: Aidan Cully <>
From: Giles Lean <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2003 15:45:20
> not standardized...  I.e., it would be impossible to use the same
> source code to generate a PAM module for all the PAM-providing
> platforms (Linux, Solaris, etc.).  Can someone correct me on this?

I've moved PAM modules from Linux to HP-UX.  There was one
compatibility note raised elsewhere in this thread, but I was unaware
of it until now.  The only problems I had were the usual deal of
fixing non-portable C code.

I believe adding PAM to NetBSD is justified on the grounds of
compatibility and interoperabilty with other *nix systems.  One
doesn't have to love the PAM API to decide that compatibility is