Subject: Re: integrating PAM
To: Dan Melomedman <dan%dan.dan@devonit.com>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2003 20:38:39
>Because there are better frameworks than PAM, like BSD Auth, and because

That's debatable, but regardless.  If we support PAM, there could be
a pam_bsdauth module.  People that only wanted BSD auth could pretty well
hard wire that - it would be one pretty simple shim.  You get what you want
and people with more elaborate needs get what they want.

>very few people would need such rarity as AFS authentication. I think

Sure, but that's only one example.  I gave another - very common example
yesterday.

>it. Or have PAM sit on top of BSD Auth, and hack your rare features
>outside of it.

PAM on BSD Auth doesn't work, but the reverse does.

--sjg