Subject: Re: integrating PAM
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Melomedman <dan%dan.dan@devonit.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2003 18:49:08
Harry Waddell wrote:
> Your probably right about these things not being needed most of the time.
> Unfortunately, the exceptions that come to mind, e.g. academia or
> government, are the kind of users that may not use NetBSD because of these
> "deficiencies". Based on my [and Bill's] past experience, these are also the
> kind of places that occasionally fund/contribute substantial work on netbsd.
> That said, this is probably more of a non-critical advocacy issue than a
> technical one.

This is MS mentality - add every possible feature anyone might need.
Unfortunately bloat costs even more in human time spent maintaining it.
And when it becomes too bad, resulting in a complete rewrite of  the bloated
piece from scratch.

Good software is written following the KISS principle - Keep It Simple, Stupid.