Subject: Re: xmms and gtk2 build problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2003 07:37:03
Success!

I've just built a new kernel without MP enabled, and am listening to
Lisa Ekdahl as I write, courtesy of xmms, compiled with the native
pthreads library.  :-)

So there is definitely a problem with the combination of MP and the
native pthreads.  If there's anything I can do to help figure this
out, I'm ready -- I'll happily crash my machine repeatedly!  ;-)

Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org> writes:

> Maybe it's the same problem I see on my dual CPU box?
> See kern/19973. I've experienced several such freezes even
> during runtime (i.e. not on reboot) since then.

I've been using the SMP code since it was integrated in -current, and
have not had any hang or crash with it at all before native pthreads.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no  T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901