Subject: Re: xmms and gtk2 build problems
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/2003 19:05:34
Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@eunetnorge.no> writes:
> > That's what I did -- and still, as mentioned in another thread (pun
> > not intended) trying to run xmms causes a total lockup of the machine.
> > Is anybody successfully running the new pthreads code on a multi-CPU
> > machine?  It just occurred to me that it might be interesting to
> > disable one of my CPUs...
>
> I'm running xmms on a one CPU box, so your problem may very well be real...

Maybe it's the same problem I see on my dual CPU box?
See kern/19973. I've experienced several such freezes even
during runtime (i.e. not on reboot) since then. All in all
it seems as if sa code, when delivering upcall, would pick
up lwp running on another processor (and thus is ONPROC there) and
paniccing in kern_sa.c:sa_vp_reposses().

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/