Subject: xmms and gtk2 build problems
To: None <>
From: Martijn van Buul <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/2003 16:46:39

Since the merge of native threading, I'm having problems compiling xmms and
gtk2. Both packages stop compiling with the same error, so I think there
is a common cause:

For instance, compiling xmms bombs out with

grep: /usr/pkgsrc/audio/xmms/work/.buildlink/lib/ No such file or directory
sed: /usr/pkgsrc/audio/xmms/work/.buildlink/lib/ No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/pkgsrc/audio/xmms/work/.buildlink/lib/' is not a valid libtool archive
gmake[2]: *** [] Error 1

Other packages that use threading, including mozilla, work just fine. I've
updated all my packages, my kernel/userland is up to date. Yes, I've even
updated libtool - although that probably doesn't make such a difference.

Any ideas?

    Martijn van Buul - -
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: 3333
   Kees J. Bot: The sum of CPU power and user brain power is a constant.