Subject: Re: Patches from GNATS db broken
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <>
From: Andrew Brown <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/2003 00:14:02
>> > Thank you for your step by step explanation -- this is not an irony,
>> > I mean it! But unfortunately, even if you use NetBSD's "ftp" the
>> > problem remains. I had already tried wget and got the same result.
>> > I diff'd the files between "ftp"'s and wget's. No difference.
>> I was bitten by this problem too. It turns out that the WWW interface
>> replaces some characters with HTML entities, such as " with &quot;
>And of course '>' with '&gt', and so on and so on.  Argh, I had
>forgotten about those too.
>Looks like for now the only really useful interface is the e-mail one.....

on a related note, i realized at some point (and occasionally notice
again and again, because i forget) that freebsd has "raw e-mail" links
on their mailing list archive pages.  compare this:

which is html (i dug around for a bit until i found a posting that had
& and > replaced by the html entities), with this:

which is a very similar url, but is in "plain text"...

|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|             * "ah!  i see you have the internet (Andrew Brown)                that goes *ping*!"       * "information is power -- share the wealth."