Subject: Re: Patches from GNATS db broken
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Toru TAKAMIZU <ttaka@earth.email.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/2003 10:57:19
Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 05:58:00PM -0500
Greg A. Woods wrote:

> If you really must extract patches from PRs retrieved via the WWW
> interface then the best tool to fetch them is probably NetBSD's own
> "ftp" client.
>
> For example for PR#19257:

Thank you for your step by step explanation -- this is not an irony,
I mean it! But unfortunately, even if you use NetBSD's "ftp" the
problem remains. I had already tried wget and got the same result.
I diff'd the files between "ftp"'s and wget's. No difference.

The problem looks the same as misc/4642 (as Dave Huang suggested).
I had said "white spaces", but it's wrong, I guess. This problem seems
to be caused by "blank lines" - what Dave used.

Sorry, I had misunderstood the problem itself and called "white spaces".

> ideally you
> want to extract the patches from the copy of the PR that's forwarded to
> the netbsd-bugs mailing list.  That's the copy which is least likely to
> have been damaged in transit and it has gone through the fewest layers
> of software.

I see. Thanks again.

Best,
toru