Subject: Re: build.sh tries cross build with host CFLAGS/COPTS?
To: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/2003 18:22:41
>> >And, when bulding cross-compilation tools, is MACHINE_ARCH defined to the
>> >arch of your host or to the arch for which you are compiling? I think
>> >the first would make more sense, but I haven't checked it.
>>
>> ifaict, if you're building cross tools via build.sh (ie, you are
>> running "./build.sh -t -m foo"), then build.sh will set MACHINE and
>> MACHINE_ARCH to the *target*.
>
>Maybe there is a good reason for this. But there should be a way to
>determine for which platforms the binaries being build are intended.

the values of MACHINE and MACHINE_ARCH will tell you to what you are
building.  if you wanna know what you're building *on* (ie, what the
host is), you can check the values returned by uname -m and uname -p.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."