Subject: Re: Mozilla
To: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/2003 11:48:32
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Eric Gillespie wrote:

> Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@pultek.co.jp> writes:
>
> > I just remembered that I did run fc-cache and stopped it as the
> > command lasts forever.  (In fact, not forever, but looked forever to
> > me. :)
>
> It takes a *long* time to run, but let it; it will eventually
> complete.  Why it takes so long, i do not know.  Why it needs the
> cache at all when Xft1 didn't, i do not know.
>
> > How about executing fc-cache once at POST-INSTALL?

	Would it make sense to build it and include it in the package?
	That way you pay the cost at build time once, rather than every
	time someone installs a package.

	It would make the fonts build depend on fontconfig which is
	probably not too bad...

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --