Subject: Re: gtk+ being installed in /usr/X11R6 under current pkgsrc
To: Eric Gillespie <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/2003 14:11:44
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 08:14:42PM -0500, Eric Gillespie wrote:

> > Really? This is from /usr/X11R6/bin, and I don't think many of these
> > programs used imake (apart from the base X system ones). Most of these
> > are Gnome or KDE apps, and neither of them uses imake, afaik.
> > I would really prefer all of this junk to be in /usr/pkg somewhere.
>
> They are there because pkgsrc forced them there.  They do not
> need to be there, nor do they install there by default.

Packages which use X are installed into ${X11BASE} quite deliberately
(as they should be, imho).

As someone else suggested, use xpkgwedge if you want to modify this
behavior.

You are correct, however, pkgsrc does force them there. That is
far better than allowing packages to do whatever they feel like.

g.