Subject: Re: [rasputin@idoru.mine.nu: java RMID (jdk13/14) won't start
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/2003 01:14:18
* Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org> [0100 12:00]:
> Rasputin wrote:
> >   1680 rmid     CALL  write(0x2,0xbfbf8144,0x36)
> >   1680 rmid     GIO   fd 2 wrote 54 bytes
> >        "Activation.main: an exception occurred: File too large"
> >   1680 rmid     RET   write 54/0x36
>
> Hmm, this almost appears as if the process would get SIGXFSZ.
> Have you set any file size limits in your environment?
>
> For me (ksh):
> > ulimit -f
> unlimited
> > ulimit -a | grep file
> file(blocks)         unlimited
> nofiles(descriptors) 64

Nope, it pretty much looks like the above:

core file size        (blocks, -c) unlimited
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) 140000
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) 84188
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) 252564
open files                    (-n) 64
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 1
stack size            (kbytes, -s) 2048
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 160
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) 142048

Data seg size has been upped so JDk1.4 will run - other than that it's untouched.
I reckon there's something going on in the Linuxulator, but don't have the skill tp
track it down..