Subject: Re: Mozilla
To: None <>
From: Eric Gillespie <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2003 16:58:12
Masao Uebayashi <> writes:

> I just remembered that I did run fc-cache and stopped it as the
> command lasts forever.  (In fact, not forever, but looked forever to
> me. :)

It takes a *long* time to run, but let it; it will eventually
complete.  Why it takes so long, i do not know.  Why it needs the
cache at all when Xft1 didn't, i do not know.

> How about executing fc-cache once at POST-INSTALL?

The length of time it takes to execute makes me not want it run
automatically.  The system where i build my packages never
actually runs any Xft or fontconfig stuff.

Eric Gillespie <*>

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett