Subject: Re: Viewing core file
To: None <>
From: Peter Bex <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/2003 18:33:21

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:59:24AM +0100, Deepak Shukla wrote:
> Could you please tell me how to view core file in NetBSD which is binary =
format without using GDB.
> Regds,
> Deepak

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you're ``scared'' of gdb,
it would be a good idea to check out a frontend for gdb like ddd or Kdbg.

If you want to see the file itself, you could of course view it with a hex
editor/viewer/dump utility, but I don't think that's what you want :D

Anyway, for both cases see pkgsrc for some programs (pkgsrc/devel).

							-- Donald Knuth

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)